Skip to main content

Were These Books Really My Most Anticipated?

Since July, I've made a post every month with my most anticipated books of the month. And then I don't read any of them, because 2018 has not been a great year for my reading. But I wondered: how many of my past most anticipated books have I read? I know I probably don't read everything I say I'm going to, but just how bad is it? I found four previous most-anticipated lists to see just that.

I got the idea to actually write about this from a post I found on Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction's blog, which I unfortunately can't find at the moment - it was a while ago, but it certainly made an impression to inspire a post this much later!

10 BOOKS I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON (most anticipated reads: 2nd half of 2016) - 9/10
I made this list in June 2016, looking ahead at the rest of the year. Since then, I've read nine out of the ten books - not bad at all! I didn't read all of them anywhere near release date (the most recent one I just read this summer), but the only one I haven't read is HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer. It's still on my TBR, but not quite so close to the top anymore. I'll get to it eventually!

I made this list at the end of 2016, and since then, I've read eight out of the ten books! Again, not bad at all! The one on that list that I still need to read is THE PEARL THIEF by Elizabeth Wein. I talked about why I haven't read that in yesterday's post, but I will absolutely get to it...eventually. (I also had A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN on this list, which I have since taken off my TBR for reasons that would get this post totally off-track. So I guess you could say this is an 8/9 in some ways.)

I made this list right at the start of 2017, and there's a little bit of overlap with the last list. I didn't do quite so well on this list - only 7/10. I still need to read AND WE'RE OFF by Dana Schwartz and COLD SUMMER by Gwen Cole. (I also had WAIT FOR ME by Caroline Leech on this list, which I've since lost interest in and taken off of my TBR.)

This is where it gets sad. And I'm kind of glad I didn't have a post (or at least I think I didn't) for most anticipated releases of 2018, because I would have probably done even worse. There are eight books from this list that I still haven't read: LUCKY IN LOVE by Kasie West, HOW TO DISAPPEAR by Sharon Huss Roat, DRESS CODES FOR SMALL TOWNS by Courtney C. Stevens, THE DREADFUL TALE OF PROSPER REDDING by Alexandra Bracken, INVICTUS by Ryan Graudin, BEFORE THE DEVIL BREAKS YOU by Libba Bray, DARE MIGHTY THINGS by Heather Kaczynski, and RETRIBUTION RAILS by Erin Bowman. So many of those are still near the top of my TBR! Maybe by this time next year I'll have made a little more progress.
How many books from your most-anticipated lists do you usually get to? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

My Top Ten Books of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly f eature at The Broke and the Bookish . This week's theme: top ten books of 2016. A little less than a year ago, I started my blog by making a post of my top 10 favorite books of 2015 . And now here we are again! I've come so far in blogging , and it 's really amazing to be creating the same kind of post as my fi rst one again - but I'l l save the nostalgia for my blogo versary post later this week. Last year, all of the books on my list were also on my all-time favorites list. I didn't quite read ten all-time favorites this year, so I added a couple of five-star but not-quite-favorite books to this post. I also didn't include any rereads on this list - I reread quite a few favorite books this year, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest! But anyway, here are my ten favorite books that I read in 2016. 10. THUD! by Terry Pratchett (Discworld #34) I don't think it would really be a list of my favorite books from a ye