Obligatory blogoversary party/dance gif:
Last year, I did a giveaway of one of my favorite books of the year. I'm not doing a giveaway in this post, but I'm considering doing a belated one in the new year - let me know if that would be something you're interested in!
Onto this month's wrap-up. I had to read a lot this month to make up for falling behind. And I'm not going to talk about every single book, because do you really want to hear about 10 separate Star Wars picture books? There are a couple at the very end that I haven't quite finished yet, but I'm going to do that before the end of the year if it kills me.
Highlights from my reading month:
- A SEMI-DEFINITIVE LIST OF WORST NIGHTMARES made it onto my favorites list!
- I caught up on a couple of comics series thanks to my library finally getting a bunch of new volumes in.
- I read MY LADY JANE about a year after all the hype and it was super funny!
- I finished two books that I started months ago - THE SECRET KEEPERS and STYLE - and the time gap didn't interfere with how much I liked them at all!
- The public library near my school had an entire display of Chanukah picture books that made my heart so happy, and I found two about Chelm that were absolutely delightful: CHANUKAH IN CHELM and THE JAR OF FOOLS.
How was your reading year? What was your favorite book? Did you have any last-minute surprises? What's your first read of 2018 going to be? Tell me in the comments!