Skip to main content

Authors I Need to Read

When there are so many books on your to-read list, it's inevitable that there are some authors you've accidentally (and hopefully temporarily) overlooked. Time for me to shame my own reading habits again! This time, it's with authors whose books I've wanted to read for a while and still haven't.

In addition to the rule that I can't have read any of the authors' novels, I added the requirement that they have to have released multiple books that aren't in the same series. This is because there are so many recent debuts that I haven't gotten to, and this list would be about eight times longer if I included all of those!
Lily Anderson: I've had THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN ME IS YOU on my shelf for literal years. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about her other two books, NOT NOW, NOT EVER and UNDEAD GIRL GANG (which I also have a copy of, come to think of it). And yet I still haven't read any of her books! I really need to fix this.

Ashley Herring Blake: I have absolutely no excuse. I've gotten her books out of the library more times than I can remember, and three of her books (HOW TO MAKE A WISH, GIRL MADE OF STARS, and IVY ABERDEEN'S LETTER TO THE WORLD) have been on my to-read list for ages. I have no idea why I haven't read any of them yet.

Anna-Marie McLemore: I actually have read things by Anna-Marie McLemore: her short stories in THE RADICAL ELEMENT and ALL OUT. But considering how much I loved those two and how excited I am to read the rest of her books, it's just sad that I haven't gotten to any of them yet. The two I'm most excited for are WILD BEAUTY and BLANCA & ROJA.

Roshani Chokshi: I'm seriously surprised that I haven't read any books by her yet. THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN is just sitting on my Kindle, unread! And I've also been really excited for ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME and, coming soon, THE GILDED WOLVES. I really need to get on this soon.

Rachel Hawkins: Rachel Hawkins has not just one, but TWO popular series that I need to start. (And that's not even all she's written!) REBEL BELLE has been on my to-read list for ages, and her latest release, ROYALS, is one that I was looking forward to for a while. So why haven't I read any of her books? Beats me.
Who are some authors you really need to get around to reading? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. I have been a Hawkins fan since Hex Hall. Love her! McLemore writes some of the most beautiful prose, and I have enjoyed her books too. Anderson does nerdy fun really well. I have not read anything from Blake, but I pretty much want to read everything she has written, though I will probably start with Girl Made of Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me even more eager to start on all of these authors!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a