Skip to main content

Authors I Need to Read More Of

A few days ago, I made a post about authors I haven't read yet that I really need to read. But that got me to thinking - there are a lot of cases where I've read some of an author's books, but not all of them!

I didn't count authors where I just haven't caught up with their series, because I already - take a guess - made a post about that! Also, this is in no way a complete list - these are the authors who I should really have read more of by now.
Kasie West is one of my all-time favorite contemporary authors. But can I really still say that if I haven't read any of her last four releases? I actually picked up LUCKY IN LOVE a few months ago, but it just wasn't the right time for me to read it, and I haven't so much as started BY YOUR SIDE, LOVE, LIFE, AND THE LIST, or LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.

I've been mentioning Alexandra Bracken a lot in my latest posts. WAYFARER was in my unfinished series post. THE DREADFUL TALE OF PROSPER REDDING was one of my alleged most anticipated new releases that I still haven't read. And even besides those two, I haven't picked up THE DARKEST LEGACY.

I've read two books by Ryan Graudin, both in the WOLF BY WOLF duology. And I still haven't wrapped that up - I haven't read the novella, IRON TO IRON, yet! I also still haven't read THE WALLED CITY or INVICTUS, which is just shameful.

The Firebird trilogy is one of my all-time favorites. And yet, even though I have so many other Claudia Gray books on my TBR, I still haven't read any of them! At the top of that list is DEFY THE STARS, plus the Star Wars books BLOODLINE, LEIA: PRINCESS OF ALDERAAN, and LOST STARS.

This one isn't quite so bad, since THE AFTERWARD and QUEEN'S SHADOW don't release until next year, but I still feel like I haven't read as much E.K. Johnston as I should have! The one that has been released that I definitely need to get to is A THOUSAND NIGHTS.

I've read three Mindy McGinnis books. Two of them have made it onto my all-time favorites list. And yet somehow I haven't used that as a reason to read all of her other books immediately. HEROINE won't be out until next year, but in the meantime, I can start her two duologies with NOT A DROP TO DRINK and GIVEN TO THE SEA.

I've only read one V.E. Schwab book, which leaves basically everything she's ever written on this list. I already talked about finishing the Shades of Magic series on my unfinished series post, but that still leaves VICIOUS, THIS SAVAGE SONG, and CITY OF GHOSTS!

I've read so many amazing Cat Winters books, and there are so many more I still have to get to! Her released books that I still need to get to are her adult titles, THE UNINVITED and YESTERNIGHT, and she has a book out next year, THE RAVEN'S TALE, that also looks amazing.
Who are some authors you need to read more books by? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. KWest is one of my MOST favorite authors! I have read and loved all her books. Even my least favorite book by her got 4 stars (it's the non-5-star blacksheep). I have been really excited that she has been churning out so many books lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given all her books at least 4 stars too! I'm happy she's been writing so much, but I also feel like I'm slowly drowning in new releases I haven't read...guess there's only one way for me to fix that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a