Skip to main content

Most Anticipated January 2019 Releases

New year, new books to anticipate! We're still doing this on a month-by-month basis, though - there's just no way I could fit all of my most anticipated books for the year into one post! Here are some of the books that release this month that I'm really excited to read.

IN AN ABSENT DREAM by Seanan McGuire (Wayward Children #4) - January 8:
  new Wayward Children book!
  a prequel about Lundy!
  a new world to explore!!
  I really don't need to know anything else about this, I've gone into the other books with basically no information and it's all worked out so far

OUR YEAR OF MAYBE by Rachel Lynn Solomon - January 15:
  ok so I've already read this one, but everyone else has to
  one of my favorite books of 2018
  anything Rachel Lynn Solomon writes is my new top priority and should be yours, too

THE GILDED WOLVES by Roshani Chokshi (The Gilded Wolves #1) - January 15: 
  historical fantasy, which I really want to read more of
  I love books set in the late 1800s
  I have heard so many great things already, I'm so excited to dive into this world


CIRCLE OF SHADOWS by Evelyn Skye (Circle of Shadows #1) - January 22:
  I'm not totally sure what this is about but that's okay, all I need to know is Evelyn Skye
  apparently inspired by feudal Japan? I've been seeing more non-Western-inspired fantasy worlds lately and I'm excited


A THOUSAND SISTERS: THE HEROIC AIRWOMEN OF THE SOVIET UNION IN WORLD WAR II by Elizabeth Wein - January 22:
  I need to read more nonfiction and this looks like a great place to start
  I will also read anything about women pilots - it's a pretty niche genre and I have claimed it


KING OF SCARS by Leigh Bardugo (Nikolai Duology #1) - January 29: 
  do I even need to explain this one
  I'm so ready to go back into this world
  maybe I should reread the other Grishaverse books soon

THE DEAD QUEENS CLUB by Hannah Capin - January 29:
  Mean Girls meets The Tudors
  that's all I needed to know and I was sold
  I have an ARC of this one and I'm definitely reading it ASAP



THE LOVE & LIES OF RUKHSANA ALI by Sabina Khan - January 29:
  queer Muslim rep!
  I've heard really good things already
  this just really sounds like something I'll be super into I'm really excited to read it

What are your most anticipated books of this month? Tell me in the comments!  

 
 

Comments

  1. I loved Our Year of Maybe too. I was surprised how much I liked it, because it elicited a lot of sad tears from me, but it was just really, really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a