Skip to main content

Top Ten Prettiest Covers of 2017

This list is part of the Top 10 of 2017 event at Kimberlyfaye Reads, which I unfortunately didn't find out about soon enough to participate in the rest of! Today's theme is cover love; tomorrow is top ten books of the year, which I already posted about here, and the next day is most-anticipated 2018 books, which I miiiight be able to pull something together for.

I'm usually pretty good at not judging a book by its cover. There are a ton of covers out there that I just don't feel that strongly about one way or the other. But sometimes, a cover is too pretty to not notice it. Here are my top 10 covers of 2017 releases! (I haven't yet read all of these, but they're all at least on my TBR.)



The books: RETRIBUTION RAILS by Erin Bowman (Vengeance Road #2), INTO THE BRIGHT UNKNOWN by Rae Carson (Gold Seer Trilogy #3), THE NOWHERE GIRLS by Amy Reed, THE LANGUAGE OF THORNS by Leigh Bardugo, THE PEARL THIEF by Elizabeth Wein (Code Name Verity prequel; one of the international editions), THE NAMES THEY GAVE US by Emery Lord, THAT INEVITABLE VICTORIAN THING by E.K. Johnston, A SEMI-DEFINITIVE LIST OF WORST NIGHTMARES by Krystal Sutherland, THE HEARTBEATS OF WING JONES by Katherine Webber, THE CROWN'S FATE by Evelyn Skye (The Crown's Game #2)

What were some of your favorite covers of 2017? If you've read them, how did those books match up to your expectations? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Love so many of these! The Names They Gave Us might be my favorite of the favorites. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful! I didn't realize until I got the physical copy how much the stars in the tree shine, and it just makes it even better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

February Wrap-Up

I'm gonna be honest here : February's been rough. I'm surprised that I g ot a whole month's worth of posts up. I can 't really go into all the details right now, but the biggest thing is that I've had a migraine for almost two month s now and it's really getting in the way of me doing things. I've been to the doctor and gotten an MRI , but we're still w a iting on the results . So that's been messing with everything else in my life. Reading-wise, that means tha t I've been turning to audiobooks a lot. There are times that I literally don't have the energy to do anythi ng more than lie in the dark, but with audiobooks, I can get some amount of reading done even then. If you guys ha ve an y audiobook recomm endations, send them my way!   THE BOOKS PRODIGY by Marie Lu (Legend #2): I didn't like this one as much as LEGEND. I didn't think the plot was as interesting, and it was also pretty predictable. It set up the ...

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha...

Ten 2016 Releases I Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY Plan To)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY plan to) So, as you may have noticed, I only posted once last week. My plan for 2017 to be completely on schedule is off to a GREAT start. But it's not going to happen again! I have plans, and I'm going to stick to them. And one misstep shouldn't mean I give up on the whole goal! So here's to the rest of 2017 being completely on schedule. Anyway, moving on to posts that are on schedule - top ten Tuesday! This was a pretty easy topic - I never get around to all of the books that I want to. I'd say that the I read the most releases from any given year in the next year, so I'm sure I'll be reading plenty of 2016 releases this year. Here are the ten that I'm most excited about! THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab (Monsters of Verity #1): I've been saying that this book ...