Skip to main content

The Zombie Apocalypse Tag

It's almost Halloween! And one of the scariest Halloween creatures is the zombie - both terrifying and disgusting. A zombie apocalypse takes those things and multiplies them by about ten million. But what roles would our favorite book characters have in a zombie apocalypse? Liz @ Out of Coffee, Out of Mind tagged me to do this, and I highly recommend you check out her post, as well - we both got some rather interesting results.

THE RULES
  • Pick 5 (or in Liz's expanded version, 6) books, making sure you know the characters. 
  • Write down their names on strips of paper. Draw one randomly for it to be your choice. (I'll admit, I cheated a little bit and used a random number generator, all because I didn't want to actually write everything out.) 
  • Open to a random page and use the first name you see to answer question #1. Use the same book for question #2, but turn to a different page. 
  • Repeat the above until you've answered all of the questions.  

 


First person to die - John Ambrose McClaren. Noooooooooo! Well, he was probably doing something stupidly gallant and helping the team, so I guess I'll accept that.

The person you trip to get away from the zombies - Stormy. Is this who I become in a zombie apocalypse? Someone who trips old people to get away from zombies? (Let's be real - in that mad panic, probably.)



The first person to turn into a zombie - Toby. This isn't too hard to believe. I feel like she'd either be the first to die or somehow be the best at everything.

The person that trips you to get away from the zombie - Clark. Wow. I'm personally offended. I love Clark. I'd never trip him to get away from the zombies. But I guess it's too much to ask for that in return.




The idiot of the team - Max. Um...no. No way. I guess maybe - I have no idea how Max is with survival skills. But he's too book-smart to be the idiot of the team.

The brains of the team - Ryan. Also no. I'd feel a lot better if we switched these two.



The team's medic - Sarah. You know, I have no idea whether Sarah actually knows anything about medicine or not, but I trust her. She seems like she'd be a good medic.

The weapons expert - Chuck. I'm okay with this, too. Really, though, I'd be okay with pretty much anyone who's not me, because what do I know about weapons? Absolutely nothing.


BOOK #5: CODE NAME VERITY

The brawler - Maddie. This could actually work. Maddie's usually a bit on the quieter side, but if people upset her, she could easily turn into a brawler. It would be pretty interesting to see how that might happen.

The team captain - Engel. Perfect. We're all going to live. It might be through some weird strategies, but I'm really weirdly comforted right now. We're gonna be okay.




The one who goes insane - Thornhollow. I can't even begin to imagine an insane Thornhollow. What would that even look like?

The one who keeps a pet zombie (for science) - Grace. I guess Thornhollow's forensic studies have had an impact on her! Really, though, with her character development, I can totally see this happening.

Have you done this tag? Any interesting results? What do you think my chances are of surviving the zombie apocalypse with this team? In general, they're roughly zero, but I think I might stand a chance. Do you think you'd survive a zombie apocalypse? Tell me in the comments! 

Comments

  1. hah fun tag! I've only read Lies We Tell Ourselves and Code Name Verity though. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of the books on this list - but if I had to pick two favorites, I'd pick those!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a