Skip to main content

Playlist Book Tag: Pray for the Wicked

For almost a month now, I've been listening to the new Panic! at the Disco album, Pray for the Wicked, on repeat. I had to find a way to incorporate it into this blog, so I split up the album with Sky @ Sky's Reading Corner and we came up with books for each song! This was also inspired by Hannah @ A Clockwork Reader's video, and you can see Sky's post with the rest of the songs here.

(Fuck A) Silver Lining - Final Draft

This one was unexpectedly difficult to find a book for, but I knew the perfect one was out there, and I was right. FINAL DRAFT is one of my most recent reads, and when I finally considered it for this post, Laila's ambition and determination to be the best writer she could be through endless rounds of revisions instantly connected to this song and the desire to not settle for silver linings when gold is within reach.

High Hopes - The Great Gatsby

I could easily have paired every song on this list with THE GREAT GATSBY. Hell, I could go on for hours about how nearly every Panic! at the Disco song could fit right on a soundtrack for the book. I might just have to do a post about that sometime. But the lyric that I put in the image above ("burn your biographies, rewrite your history") is quite possibly the most Gatsby thing I've read in my life that wasn't written by F. Scott Fitzgerald himself.

Dancing's Not A Crime - They Both Die at the End

There's a scene in this book where Rufus and Mateo go to a club and dance. I'm not going to get into details here, because I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read the book, but that moment before the scene shifts is what I think connects to this song.

The Overpass - Wolf by Wolf

This song sounds like it came straight out of an action movie, and WOLF BY WOLF would make an incredible action movie. Maybe the song doesn't fit Yael's situation entirely perfectly, but she definitely finds herself having feelings for a boy she'd rather not get involved with, particularly after an...interaction of sorts. Again, not going too much into detail because of spoilers.

Old Fashioned - Where She Went

As someone who reads mostly YA, this song was a challenge. There aren't that many YA novels out there centered around "remember[ing] your youth," because the main characters are usually in their youth. To be fair, the main characters of WHERE SHE WENT aren't exactly old, but there is a definite time jump from the previous book, and a lot of the book is spent contemplating the time that has passed since then and even before. This could definitely fit Adam and Mia's nighttime adventures.


What's your favorite song on Pray for the Wicked (if you've listened to it)? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a