Skip to main content

The Christmas Book Tag!

Well, Thanksgiving is officially over, and hopefully by this time, you've finished all of your leftovers. Which means...IT'S CHRISTMAS! And what better way to celebrate than a book tag?

This tag was created by Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser - check out her post here! And I'm taking her graphics because they're so great.
 
The only one I can think of that won't be incredibly overused is REBEL ANGELS by Libba Bray. Turns out I haven't read that many books set at Christmas! That's pretty surprising.
This one was pretty tricky, but HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS by J.K. Rowling fits the bill!
ONE MORE WEEKEND by Against the Current! I absolutely love this band, and this song has been stuck in my head since it came out about six months ago. I think it would make a perfect YA contemporary!
Here's a book I haven't thought about in a while - BLIND by Rachel DeWoskin. The protagonist is part of a big Jewish family, and I remember reading about one of her little siblings crying because he didn't want to eat anything except challah. Possibly the most relatable thing I've ever read.
I'm going with Harry Potter again, because I love Crookshanks so much! And Hedwig. And Buckbeak. And really, I can't think of any other book or series with such amazing animal companions.
It doesn't get much more wintery than WINTERSMITH by Terry Pratchett! The whole plot is centered around winter.
So many options! I just picked what came to my head first, which happened to be THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas. It feels like it's been forever since I read this first book, but I remember loving the court it was set in!
Speaking of books that I haven't read in a while - THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY by Trenton Lee Stewart! I'm not sure how young a child protagonist has to be, but I'm going to go ahead and say that eleven is young enough.
There are so many books that I could answer this with - I have a habit of loving books that break me into a million pieces. But one of the books that did it the most thoroughly was THE MARVELS by Brian Selznick. It was just so beautiful!
That honor is unfortunately going to have to go to EMMA by Jane Austen. I finished this a few days ago (finally) and it nearly bored me to tears. I don't understand - I've loved all of the other Jane Austen books I've read! But I guess this one just wasn't for me.
This was a tough one, since so many of the happy, heart-warming contemporaries I love are set in summer. But then I thought of THE STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT by Jennifer E. Smith! I'm not really sure when this is set, but it could easily be moved to Christmastime if it isn't there already.
Um...all of them? Can I say that? No? Well, one that I've had my eye on lately but haven't gotten yet is GEMINA by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I unexpectedly loved the first book, and I've heard this one is really good, too!

I tag...YOU! If you want to get into the Christmas spirit, you should do this tag. Yes, you.

How many books have you read set at Christmas? Is there a kind of book you especially like to read at this time of year? Are you going to do this tag?? Tell me in the comments! 

Comments

  1. Oh this is such a fun tag!! I should probably do a Christmassy tag at some point because TRADITION.😂 And yes! I hope you get Gemina! I haven't read it yet but it's eyeballing me fiercely from my TBR...I need to get onto that before the year ends. Which is soon. Omg. And I seriously want to read Blind now! It sounds amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should definitely do a Christmas tag - it was so fun! I really hope I get Gemina, too. If I don't, I think I'm going to have to get it as a gift to myself. It looks so good, and the cover is GORGEOUS! And I had mixed feelings about Blind, but you should definitely try it out if you're interested.

      Delete
  2. WINTERSMITH. YES. I read that book cover-to-cover in one sitting; it was ridiculously good.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so amazing! I love all of the Tiffany Aching books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a