Skip to main content

Ten Books on My Fall TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme: top ten books on your fall TBR.
 
I'm not usually a big fan of TBRs. I pretty much never stick to them, so I just don't see the point. But since I started college, I've been reading a lot less than before - besides required reading, I think I've read about 100 pages in three weeks. So I think it's probably a good idea for me to prioritize what I want to read.

I also have to give a shout-out to the book club that I'll (hopefully) start participating in this fall - Austentatious! We're reading a different Jane Austen book every month until January. I didn't participate in August, because I'd already reread Pride & Prejudice recently, and I'm thinking I might have to skip September's reread of Persuasion, too. But starting next month, it's all books I haven't read yet, and I'm really going to try and do those!

Books that have been released already:


SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo (Grisha Trilogy #1): This is getting ridiculous. I'm already the last person in the world to read this trilogy, and I told myself that I'd catch up before Crooked Kingdom's release - which, incidentally, is today. And I still haven't even started this book. This is probably the one I'm most ashamed of, but I'm going to get to it.

WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND by Robin Talley: I have no clue why I didn't get to this last fall. I read Lies We Tell Ourselves as soon as I could get my hands on it, and I loved it, and I promised myself that I'd read all future Robin Talley books as soon as I could. That didn't happen. But I'll read it soon!

A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic #1): I've been hearing good things about this book from so many people for so long, and I've really wanted to read it. I really want to read it! And I finally got myself a copy, so now I have no reason not to.


AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley: I am so amazingly excited about this book, and I can't believe that I have a copy right now because I've been looking forward to it for so long that it being here doesn't actually feel real. I think I'm going to put this off a tiny bit longer, since it sounds like a perfect Halloween book. 

EMPIRE OF STORMS by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #5): This is actually what I'm reading right now, but I'm going to count it on the TBR anyway because there are still so many pages left. I really need to get on this one - I'm not going to be able to avoid spoilers forever! 

Books that are being released today or haven't been released yet:
 

LIKE A RIVER GLORIOUS by Rae Carson (Gold Seer Trilogy #2): Happy book birthday to this one! I absolutely loved the first book in this series, and I'm so excited to see where this is going. It has so much potential! I really have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm excited for it anyway.

BLOOD FOR BLOOD by Ryan Graudin (Wolf by Wolf #2): I've probably said this about a million times by now, but I can't believe that I almost didn't read Wolf by Wolf. I wasn't sure whether I would like it, and it ended up being one of my favorite books of this year! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm pretty sure this book is going to destroy me, but I need it.

A MILLION WORLDS WITH YOU by Claudia Gray (Firebird #3): The Firebird trilogy is one of my favorite ongoing series, and I can't believe it's coming to an end! I'm not ready to say goodbye to this world (these worlds?) yet, but that's not going to stop me reading it as soon as I possibly can.


GEMINA by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Illuminae Files #2): Illuminae was another unexpectedly amazing book this year, so I'm really excited for the story to continue! This will also be really good when I don't have a lot of time because of the unique format. I'll be able to fly through a giant book and feel accomplished!

MARIAN by Ella Lyons: This book has my name on it. It's a retelling of Robin Hood, but with queer ladies. I really don't think I need to say anything else.

What are your most anticipated reads this fall? Do you have less time to read in the fall, like I do? How do you balance things? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Empire of Storms was on my list this week too. I hope you enjoy A Darker Shade of Magic, it's so good!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/top-ten-tuesday-76/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to A Darker Shade of Magic!

      Delete
  2. ADSoM is so good - I hope you love it!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard good things about that one - I'm super excited!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a