So I've decided to make a list of my top 5 blogging goals right now. I'm posting them here because it's my way of holding myself accountable and actually going through with them. I want to at least have made significant progress on all of these by the end of June. (I also have things I want to do with how my blog looks, but I have no idea how long those will take, so I didn't put them here.)
1. Always have at least one scheduled post. I am embarrassingly bad at this. I'll sometimes finish a post and schedule it to be published the next day, but there's a lot of time when I don't even have one post scheduled for the future. (I think my record was having two posts scheduled at a time. I felt way too proud of myself for that.) If I can actually get organized enough to schedule posts a bit more in advance, I won't feel as stressed while writing because I won't have to publish anything right away.
2. Write reviews quickly after reading the book. A couple of months ago, I wrote 'review to come' as my Goodreads review for a book I'd just finished. Now that's unfortunately become a habit, and by the time I get around to writing the review, I don't really remember enough of the book that it's a good review. A couple of times, I've abandoned doing full reviews on books that I really wanted to write reviews for because I just didn't think I could make them good enough. Even if I don't publish the reviews quickly after reading the book, I want to at least jot things down or make an outline of what I want to say so that I can post better reviews.
3. Spend more time on other people's blogs. I've had enough time to more or less keep up with the blogs that I already follow, but I really want to do more exploring and find new blogs! Reading blogs and watching BookTube videos are what inspired me to make a blog in the first place, and I don't want my own blog to get in the way of that.
4. Write more discussions. When I don't have as much time to write a post, I usually shy away from discussions because they take a lot more time and effort (and they're a little bit intimidating). But I love making them! Back in January, my Thoughts on Required Reading post was one of my first discussion posts and the first post I remember being really, really happy with. I want to write more posts like that! Of course, that means that I also have to come up with a lot more ideas for discussions. Which I don't currently have. I'll figure out that part as I go.
5. Make a bookstagram. Okay, so this doesn't technically have to do with this blog. (Or at least not a lot to do with it.) But it's something I've been wanting to do for a while. I don't particularly want to invest in a camera because I know nothing about cameras and I would honestly rather spend the money on books, but I now have a phone with a decent camera, so I can use that! I don't care
I think that I'll write a reflection post at the end of June to see what progress I've made on these goals. Hopefully this post acts as a bit of motivation for me!
What are your blogging goals? What are some of your best organization tips? Tell me in the comments!