The BookBuddyAThon ended last Friday. Which is a fact that I'm going to ignore because a) I didn't hear about it until after it had started, b) there's no way I could have done this last week because of AP testing, and c) I really want to do this anyway.
I'll be doing the BookBuddyAThon from now (actually, by the time this post is up, I'll have already started) until roughly the end of the month. Why the extended deadline? Because I am lucky enough to have not one, but two buddies! Which means that we're all doubling up on (and slightly modifying) some of the challenges. My buddies are Sky @ Sky's Reading Corner and Eve, who sadly does not have a blog.
1. Read a book with your buddies - Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles)
We all love the Lunar Chronicles. Probably none of us will be able to cope with the fact that after this, the series is technically over if you don't count the graphic novels. So we should probably read this together so that we can celebrate how amazing everything is going to be and so we can cope with the end.
2. Read books with your buddies' favorite colors on the covers - A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) and Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
For Sky's favorite color, blue, I'll be reading A Court of Mist and Fury. It's quite fitting that I'm reading this one, because I'm actually borrowing her copy. And for Eve's favorite, pink, I'll be breaking up my fantasy-heavy TBR with Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between as a nice, contemporary break.
3. Read books that begin with your buddies' first initials - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy #1) and Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Inheritance Cycle #1)
S for Sky, S for Shadow and Bone. A book that, coincidentally, both she and Eve have been trying to get me to read for months. So it's finally time! And the E for Eve is going to Eragon, which has been sitting on my TBR shelf for as long as I can remember.
4. Pick two lists of three books you want to read, and read the ones your buddies pick for you (one buddy per list) - Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys and The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters
I gave Sky the choice of Out of the Easy, Front Lines, and Rebel of the Sands. She (as I suspected she would) picked Out of the Easy. She read Salt to the Sea a couple of months ago, fell in love with it, and forced me to read it, so now we're both excited to read more of Ruta Sepetys's books. Eve's choice was from The Pox Party, The Steep & Thorny Way, and What We Left Behind, and she chose The Steep & Thorny Way, so I'm reading two historical fiction books!
5. Read a book you want to read - The Rose & the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh (The Wrath & the Dawn #2)
I still can't believe the library had this book so soon. I absolutely loved the first book, The Wrath & the Dawn, when I read it a couple of months ago, so I need to read this ASAP and it's a perfect fit for this challenge!
Did you do the BookBuddyaThon? Do you like doing buddy reads? What about readathons? Tell me in the comments!