Skip to main content

#BookBuddyAThon TBR

The BookBuddyAThon ended last Friday. Which is a fact that I'm going to ignore because a) I didn't hear about it until after it had started, b) there's no way I could have done this last week because of AP testing, and c) I really want to do this anyway.

I'll be doing the BookBuddyAThon from now (actually, by the time this post is up, I'll have already started) until roughly the end of the month. Why the extended deadline? Because I am lucky enough to have not one, but two buddies! Which means that we're all doubling up on (and slightly modifying) some of the challenges. My buddies are Sky @ Sky's Reading Corner and Eve, who sadly does not have a blog.

1. Read a book with your buddies - Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles)


We all love the Lunar Chronicles. Probably none of us will be able to cope with the fact that after this, the series is technically over if you don't count the graphic novels. So we should probably read this together so that we can celebrate how amazing everything is going to be and so we can cope with the end.


2. Read books with your buddies' favorite colors on the covers - A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) and Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith


For Sky's favorite color, blue, I'll be reading A Court of Mist and Fury. It's quite fitting that I'm reading this one, because I'm actually borrowing her copy. And for Eve's favorite, pink, I'll be breaking up my fantasy-heavy TBR with Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between as a nice, contemporary break.


3. Read books that begin with your buddies' first initials - Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy #1) and Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Inheritance Cycle #1)



S for Sky, S for Shadow and Bone. A book that, coincidentally, both she and Eve have been trying to get me to read for months. So it's finally time! And the E for Eve is going to Eragon, which has been sitting on my TBR shelf for as long as I can remember.

4. Pick two lists of three books you want to read, and read the ones your buddies pick for you (one buddy per list) - Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys and The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters


I gave Sky the choice of Out of the Easy, Front Lines, and Rebel of the Sands. She (as I suspected she would) picked Out of the Easy. She read Salt to the Sea a couple of months ago, fell in love with it, and forced me to read it, so now we're both excited to read more of Ruta Sepetys's books. Eve's choice was from The Pox Party, The Steep & Thorny Way, and What We Left Behind, and she chose The Steep & Thorny Way, so I'm reading two historical fiction books!

5. Read a book you want to read - The Rose & the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh (The Wrath & the Dawn #2)


I still can't believe the library had this book so soon. I absolutely loved the first book, The Wrath & the Dawn, when I read it a couple of months ago, so I need to read this ASAP and it's a perfect fit for this challenge! 

Did you do the BookBuddyaThon? Do you like doing buddy reads? What about readathons? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Ahhh good luck with your challenge!! *cheers for you* And that's awesome that you're buddy reading with two friends. SO MUCH FUN. I've only really started doing buddy-reads this year and they're fuuuuun. :D And OMG YAY FOR THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER!! My copy arrived but I'm still putting off reading it. *shrieks* I don't want it all to be over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love buddy reads, but I've never really been able to make them work before, so this is going to be very fun. I just finished The Rose & the Dagger, and it was amazing. I can't believe that it's over, but I just couldn't wait any longer to read it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a