Last semester, I didn't have time to go to the library as much as I'd been doing for a while. I wasn't reading quite as much, I was actually getting through big chunks of my physical TBR (for once), and I'd discovered the wonders of my library's e-book collection. But I didn't realize how much I'd missed the library itself until I went back! And now that I've really learned to love them again, here are my top five reasons that libraries are some of the best places on earth.
1. SO MANY BOOKS!Really, though, what bookworm doesn't love being surrounded by books as far as the eye can see? There's just something so wonderful about knowing that there are hundreds or even thousands of stories in every direction that you look.
2. RISK-FREE BOOK BROWSINGHere's my main reason for loving libraries more than bookstores: if I find ten books at the library that I absolutely have to read right now, I can just check them all out then and the only bad thing that might happen is that I don't read them all before they're due. (And with how few other people put holds on the books I want at the library, I can pretty much always renew them.) If that same thing happens at a bookstore, it's really expensive, and I feel especially bad if I've picked out a book that I don't end up liking. I feel like I've wasted my money!
3. COZY READING SPOTSA lot of the time, I like being in the library so much that I don't want to leave. And I don't have to! (Unless the library closes, and then I can just hide in the bathrooms and spend the night...right?) In every library I've been in, there's at least one perfect, comfortable, secluded reading spot. And it's mine.
4. ENDLESS EXPLORINGYou can find an amazing amount of books at the library about an amazing number of things. From my own experience, new bookstores like B&N have a really good selection of new and popular books, while used bookstores have selections that are certainly interesting, but a bit unpredictable - basically, don't go in there looking for any one particular thing and expect to have a productive trip, unless that one thing is old books. Libraries are the perfect balance. You can find what you're looking for and things you didn't even know you were interested in!
5. LIBRARIANSI mean, if I've gone to a library, I usually don't want to talk to people, but librarians are pretty amazing! They all love books and reading as much as you do, and they're always so happy to see people come in and to help people, and basically I want to be as cool as a librarian when I grow up.
What's your favorite part about libraries? Does yours contribute to your never-ending TBR problem as much as mine does? Tell me in the comments!