Skip to main content

New Year's Resolutions Tag

It's not really New Year's time anymore. Kind of close, but we're almost two whole weeks into 2018 by now, and most resolutions have either been set in stone or broken by now. (Don't ask me for data to back up that assertion, I don't have it.) But now is when I'm going to do New Year's stuff on this blog, because my laptop literally broke on New Year's Day and I haven't gotten a new one yet. It's on its way, but it's gonna take a little while longer, which means I can't just be working on my blog all day every day. 

So, without further ado, here's my version of the New Year's resolutions tag, which I found here, a bit late but with all the best intentions.
 

1. An author you'd like to read that you've never read before I really want to read something by Roshani Chokshi! THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN has been on my TBR for ages, and ARU SHAH AND THE END OF TIME is coming out this year! I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get to either of those.

2. A book you'd like to read Um...all of them? One that I really thought I'd get to last year was HOW TO DISAPPEAR by Sharon Huss Roat, but I just haven't been able to find a copy! I really hope I can read it soon.

3. A classic you'd like to read I found a challenge that I didn't have time to put in my challenges post, but I'm going to try to read LES MISERABLES this year! There's a challenge this year to read one chapter every day, since there are exactly 365 chapters. I'm already a bit behind, but hopefully I can catch up and finish the book by the end of the year!

4. A book you'd like to reread Oh, there are so many great books I need to reread! One of my top priorities, though, is THE CHANCE YOU WON'T RETURN by Annie Cardi. I can't believe it's been nearly three years since I read it the first time!

5. A book you've had for ages and want to read This really depends on your definition of "ages" - I'm gonna go with at least a year and a half, because that's how long I've had my copy of THE ONLY THING WORSE THAN ME IS YOU by Lily Anderson. And it was near the top of my TBR for so much of that time! And I somehow just never read it! That needs to change.

6. A big book you'd like to read I really need to get to BEFORE THE DEVIL BREAKS YOU by Libba Bray! All of the Diviners books are so long but so good.

7. An author you've previously read and want to read more of I really want to read more Kasie West books! She had three new releases last year, and I somehow haven't read any of them - and she has another one this year! I really need to catch up.

8. A book you got for the holidays and would like to read I got an absolutely gorgeous-looking copy of WILDWOOD by Colin Meloy, and I've heard such good things that I really want to get to it soon!

9. A series you want to read, start-to-finish I really want to read Rick Riordan's Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series! I guess technically I've started it - I read maybe the first two chapters of the first book - but I think it counts for this anyway.

10. A series you want to finish that you've already started I've got to finish the Discworld series. I was reading them slowly and steadily starting about six and a half years ago, but a year or so ago, I just stopped with two books left because I'm in denial that there are never going to be any more books. But those last two books look so good that I can't hold off forever! Am I going to cry about it? Absolutely.

11. Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2018? I do set reading goals! As of right now, I've set my goal for 2018 to 125 books because I want to keep reading a lot, but I don't want it to be a scramble at the end of the year like it was a few weeks ago.

12. Any other reading goals? I actually made a post near the end of last year with all of my reading goals and challenges for this year - I'll just link to it here! Basically, yes. Probably more reading goals than is good for me, but I like them anyway.

What are some of your reading resolutions for 2018? What's a book that you really thought you'd get to last year that you haven't? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

My Top Ten Books of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly f eature at The Broke and the Bookish . This week's theme: top ten books of 2016. A little less than a year ago, I started my blog by making a post of my top 10 favorite books of 2015 . And now here we are again! I've come so far in blogging , and it 's really amazing to be creating the same kind of post as my fi rst one again - but I'l l save the nostalgia for my blogo versary post later this week. Last year, all of the books on my list were also on my all-time favorites list. I didn't quite read ten all-time favorites this year, so I added a couple of five-star but not-quite-favorite books to this post. I also didn't include any rereads on this list - I reread quite a few favorite books this year, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest! But anyway, here are my ten favorite books that I read in 2016. 10. THUD! by Terry Pratchett (Discworld #34) I don't think it would really be a list of my favorite books from a ye