Skip to main content

3 Authors I NEED New Books From

We've all had it happen. We read a great book by an author we've never tried before, so we eagerly go onto their Goodreads author page to find our next book only to find...nothing. This author hasn't written anything else, there's no Goodreads entries for future books, and all desperate Google searches come up with nothing. Your potential new favorite author has written only one book.

Sometimes, our need for more is met pretty quickly when the author announces a new project (and then there's just the wait for the release date, which is hard enough on its own). But sometimes...we wait. And we wait. Aaaaaaand we wait.

Here are three of the authors whose plans I'm eagerly anticipating the most. Each of them had their debut published over a year ago, and none of them has any pages for future books on Goodreads. I'm sure that if these authors are working on another book, they're taking the time to make it as wonderful as it can be, and I understand that writing takes time...BUT I'M READY ANYTIME.
All Our Yesterdays Cristin Terrill Cristin Terrill, author of All Our Yesterdays: This book has everything. Time travel, politics, friendship, romance - I could go on for a while. I wasn't expecting to be completely sucked into this book, but that's exactly what happened. Suddenly, I found myself a couple hundred pages in and trying (and failing) not to cry. There were plans for a sequel, but that didn't work out. I'm not too disappointed, since this one had a nice ending, but I haven't heard anything about another Cristin Terrill book in the works.
Makiia Lucier, author of A Death-Struck Year: I couldn't put this book down. It's a lovely historical (and you know my weakness for historicals) about a girl who decides to help others during the Spanish influenza. I haven't been able to find a lot of YA books set in this time period, so I was eager to pick this one up. I was not disappointed. I was completely drawn in, especially by all of the wonderful characters, and it made me want to read some nonfiction about the influenza (which I'll get to...eventually). Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything about Makiia Lucier releasing another book. I know she hasn't completely vanished from the publishing world, since A Death-Struck Year was just released in paperback, but I'm very eager to hear about something new. A Death-Struck Year Makiia Lucier
The Chance You Won't Return Annie Cardi Annie Cardi, author of The Chance You Won't Return: This book has stuck with me for quite a while. I was actually shocked when I saw that I'd first read it a year and a half ago because so much of it is still fresh in my mind. It's the story of a girl whose mom starts thinking that she's Amelia Earhart. It's a fascinating view of mental illness and how it affects an entire family. I know we'll be getting more books from this author in the future - she includes writing updates in her blog posts - but I haven't heard any concrete plans for specific books or release dates. 

Which authors are you most excited to hear new plans from? And how long have you been waiting? Have you read any of the books I included? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Books I Need More People to Love

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme: Top Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books You've Read in the Past Year or So. One of my favorite things to do is get other people to read books I love. That way, I can discuss the boo ks with them, and if I know their tastes well enough, I know I'm givin g them something that they'll love! Unfortunately, I can't do this with the entire world. And that means that there are books that I've really enjoyed t hat just aren't widely loved. Why ? I don't know. And that's why I spend so much time trying to get other people to read them. Here are ten books I've read some what recently that I think really deserve some m ore lo ve. IRON CAST by Destiny Soria: I'll never get tired of diverse books, I 'll never get tired of historical fiction, and I'll never get tired of positive female friendships. When you pu t those all together, they ma ke a book tha

Most Anticipated Reads: First Half of 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature at The Broke a nd the Bookish . This week's theme : most an ti cipated reads for the first half of 2017. Wow, it's been ages since I've done a most anticipated list! In case you were wondering, my excitement for upcoming books is a s high as ever. It was so hard narrowing this list down to just ten, but I think I figured out the ten books that I'm most excited for in the first half of next year! I have a good mix of sequels and standalones (but onl y one debut, so there won't b e a lo t of overlap wi th the de buts TTT in a few weeks). Here are some of the books that I just can't contain my excitement about : OUR OWN PRIVATE UNIVERSE by Robin Talley - January 31: I love Robin Talley, and this book sounds like it's going to be so good! And it's going to have so much intersectionality! And the colors on that cover are just so aesthetically pleasing. DREAMLAND BURNING by Jennifer Latham - February

In Which I Consider My Ideal Post Length

I seem to be constantly going back and forth between having too many post ideas and not having enough. The thing is, though, that when I don't have a lot of ideas, it usually just means that I don't think I have enough to say about anything to actually make a post. Which poses an interesting question: how long do posts need to be? In particular, I'm thinking about discussion posts. I have a lot of bookish things I want to discuss, and discussion posts seem like one of the best ways to share my thoughts. But sometimes, my thoughts aren't fully-formed, or aren't that complex. I usually shy away from writing about those ideas because I don't think I have enough material to justify a post. But why don't I think I have enough? I've been a little behind on wr iting posts in advance, so it seem ed like I was running into th is question more and more often. And after a while of thinking about that, I had m y little breakthrough : I'm thinking a